Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 1996 15:29:48 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, j@ida.interface-business.de
Subject:   Re: Verbose babble in if_fddisubr.c

>The author of `bootverbose' told me that it was a general flag when I
>objected to using it for controlling the slice messages.

Is that's me you're referring to ?  :-)

The idea was for it to be a flag that you could set so early that you
could catch boot-related stuff (to which I consider the slice but
not the FDDI messages).  As soon as you have single user running
you can tweak a sysctl variable, and things that can use that,
should use that instead.

So:  FDDI should have a sysctl:

	net.fddi.verbose

or similar, possibly two different ones...

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.