Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:41:33 -0400
From:      "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Keyboard reset question

	It's my experience that this has to do with the fact that the system cannot
find the keyboard at POST, so it boots without one and doesn't allow
keyboard usage after the machine boots, as it figures that the machine
doesn't have one.  Try turning on the "Stop on all errors" switch in the
BIOS, switch the keyboard switch to another machine, and reboot the affected
system.  It should halt once it detects that the keyboard is not there.

	This really isn't a FreeBSD issue, as far as I can tell.  It's more of a
"that's how the hardware was designed" issue... If you were using one of the
more expensive "Smart" switches, this wouldn't happen as they emulate the
keyboard BIOS responses.

--- Andy