Date:      Tue, 3 Aug 1999 11:23:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mwlucas@exceptionet.com
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   upgrade to 3.2-stable, ppp stops?

Hello,

My office proxy server was, until Sunday, a 2.2.8-stable box running ppp
for our ISDN net connection.

I upgraded to source via cvsup and make aout-to-elf, ran mergemaster.
Everything went fine.

Userland ppp no longer works, however.

My ISDN terminal unit still has the same configuration.  I used the same
ppp.conf that I had under 2.2.8.  When I had problems, I rebuilt ppp.conf
from scratch, per the handbook and man page.

The terminal unit has a light for the serial line connection, and a light
for the outgoing dial attempt.  The serial light comes on, but the line
activity light remains off.

Has anything in ppp changed between 2.2.8 and 3-stable?  Any suggestions
on where to look?

Thanks,
==ml
--