Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 23:10:11 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.2-STABLE unable to stably run NEWEST INN Code...

Due to heavy usage of MMAP() in the newest INN's, 3.2-STABLE is unable to
handle the load of a full news server :(

The last I heard, Matt Dillon knew about and was planning on working on ~6
MMAP() related race conditions...with the latest decision by "the Core"
concerning his commit privileges, I'm not sure how enthusiastic Matt is
going to be towards working on these, and am working if there is anyone
else out there that is going to be able to handle these problems?

There have been several other admin's out there that have reported the
same problems with 3.2-STABLE+INN-CURRENT, as regards to hanging, so it
isn't an isolated "hardware-related" problem...

Matt...is this something you are still planning on addressing?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org