Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:36:37 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: xcdroast cannot locate cdda2wav

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 14:37:38 +0200
Polytropon articulated:

> The cdda2wav program is part of the "cdrtools" port.
> Try updating that one.

Been there, done that, doesn't work. I am considering doing a forced
update of the xcdroast port and its dependencies via portupgrade. I
really hate wasting time like this, but I need the port to work.

Interestingly enough, this is the output from cdda2wav:

# cdda2wav -version
cdda2wav 3.00 (amd64-unknown-freebsd8.3) Copyright (C) 1993-2004 Heiko Ei�feldt (C) 2004-2010 J�rg Schilling

Defaults: stereo, 16 bit, 44100.00 Hz, track 1, no offset, one track,
          type: wav filename: 'audio', don't wait for signal, not quiet,
          use: 'generic_scsi', device: 'yourSCSI_Bus,yourSCSI_ID,yourSCSI_LUN', aux: ''

Obviously, it is installed. The "xcdroast" application suddenly cannot
locate it though or is not able to properly determine the version
number. I am thinking of filing a PR against it.

--
Jerry ♔