Date:      Wed, 3 Apr 1996 22:06:31 +0000 ()
From:      Justin Viiret <justin@cyburbia.bns.com.au>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Spinner. Again. :)

Hi again, people.

Things are working fine (haven't done a port yet, btw.... three weeks
off starting tomorrow, though, so I'll get it done pretty quickly after
that). Apologies if I get a bit off the track of the ports subject
here; it would be great to port Spinner to FreeBSD, though.

It does appear, though, that Spinner has a rather large dependance on DES
encryption for its password and security functions, something which I'm
trying to get setup on the local end here. I haven't been able to
convince it to work with MD5 crypt (what we're using here) at all.. so I
guess what I'm looking for, as a relative newbie, is someone who knows
more about such things who's willing to have a look at the software (a
WWW server called Spinner with some nice advanced features) and work out
how to get it to coexist with md5, or someone who's willing to explain to
me how I would go about switching this machine from MD5 to the
international des version or whatever. Is this procedure reasonably
painless, or should I give up? :)

Thanks,
        -Justin.