Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 02:37:19 +0300
From:      Konstantinos Konstantinidis <kkonstan@duth.gr>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.ORG>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TIP: How to make FreeBSD a lot easier for the beginner

Nik Clayton wrote:
> I'm in the process of compiling a new datafile for the fortune(6) program.
> However, instead of consisting of witty quotes, Murphy's Laws, and the
> like, this is going to be tips for FreeBSD that can appear when people log
> in.

Excellent idea[1]!

Dare I suggest that this makes it into /usr/share/skel/dot.login?

I'm sure that those of us that have no use for those tips won't be bothered
by having to remove it[2].

--kkonstan

[1] As long as we don't see an X11 version complete with an animated
    paperclip or whatnot.

[2] I did a rough cost/benefits analysis and am quite confident that
    the decrease in traffic in -questions far outweights any whining
    on the other lists[3].

[3] OK, I lied, I just made this up.