Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 18:39:35 +0200
From:      "Philippe Charnier" <charnier@lirmm.fr>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   gcc 2.7.0

Hello,

JustFYI: I compiled 2.7.0 (i386--freebsd) and didn't see problem
during this stage, then I made a new kernel using this compiler and
only found warnings (comparison between signed and unsigned) many
times.

When trying to make a C++ project, I got an error from the assembler,
something like ``unknown pseudo instruction: .weak''.

According to some people, I think that 2.7.0 should be part of FreeBSD
as soon as possible, so that specific changes could be incorporated in
the next gcc release. Maybe an intermediate stage in the port area
would be nice for fixing some parts of the tree (e.g. because of the
new ``for'' semantic) without breaking current.

Have a nice day.
Philippe Charnier                                      charnier@lirmm.fr

         LIRMM, 161 rue Ada, 34392 Montpellier cedex 5 -- France