Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 1998 12:22:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ben Manes <anarchy@crl.com>
To:        David Williams <williams@wilroy.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FAT32

> a) install FreeBSD on D
> without losing or converting
> ANY data on the other drives?

FreeBSD 2.2.6, with a patch, supports fat32. Beyound that version, they
all do. However, I'm uncertain of how far that extends. I'd recomend
sending this to -questions, they know this stuff in-and-out.

> b) Use FreeBSD with a FAT32
> drive?

At the very least, it can read, most likely write too. Haven't tested it
out yet..

> c) Dual Boot Win98 and
> FreeBSD?  If so, how?

FreeBSD comes with a boot loader, forget its name though. Its very
similar to Linux's lilo, which is useful as an OS pointer. I have it
pointing to Win98/pcdos, linux (freebsd cds went bad), NT4, and Solaris
(free.. never got it to point correctly though..). In Lilo, you simply
add stanzas telling it a label, a partition, and perhaps something else
I'm forgetting.. someone else will answer with more knowledge, and the
handbook likely has some good info too.