Date:      Wed, 25 May 2016 11:35:12 -0500
From:      "Dean E. Weimer" <dweimer@dweimer.net>
To:        "William A. Mahaffey III" <wam@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions !!!! <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, owner-freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: slightly OT hardware question

On 2016-05-25 10:58 am, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> Does anyone onlist know of any small (RPi-ish), cheap boxen w/ 2 or
> more working RJ45 ports (100 Mbit is OK), FreeBSD or NetBSD compatible
> ? I would like to use them as a firewall & an asterisk box. I found
> Utilite, kinda pricey, also Banana-Pi R1 (5 ports, however apparently
> wired somewhat weirdly on the board, NetBSD networking doesn't work
> there last I looked). Anyone got a little beastie like this working ?
> TIA & have a good one.
>
> --
>
> 	William A. Mahaffey III

> 	"The M1 Garand is without doubt the finest implement of war
> 	 ever devised by man."
>                            -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

I am using a Jetway Intel Celeron N2930 to run OPNSense (2.5 months
running so far so not a real long test) so it should run regular FreeBSD
however its going to run around $300 by the time you add memory and disk
of some sort, using an 30G mSATA with my install. This was a replacement
to a PCEngines APU1D4 which had problems with the crappy real tech
interfaces and has been a solid replacement with much better performing
2 x Intel 1G NICs so far.

http://www.amazon.com/Jetway-Intel-Celeron-N2930-Fanless/dp/B00OY8Q0QC?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

--
Thanks,