Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 18:00:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      Simon Epsteyn <seva@fnal.gov>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, Bill Paul <wpaul@ee.columbia.edu>
Subject:   Re: AiroNet 'No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")' problem (4.2-STABLE)

Warner,

On Thu, 4 Jan 2001, Warner Losh wrote:

> No.  They aren't.  One is for reading the CIS, while the other one for
> use by the card drivers.

I might be getting confused...

There are actually 3 places where I'd have to specify memory address.

In the kernel config (I have it set to 0xd8000 right now)
In the /etc/pccard.conf (I have it set to 0xd4000 right now)
and in the /etc/rc.conf for pccard_mem= (I have it set to 0xd4000)

Is this right?

> What might be the problem is that some cards are 3.3V only, and that
> might be causing problems based on  your bridge driver.
>
> : I've checked the code and the vpp voltage is being set correctly to 5V
>
> What does the nose of the card look like?

> The left one is low (3.3V) voltage, while the right one is high (5.x)
> volts.  If it is low voltage, maybe there's a bug in the bridge driver
> so it doesn't apply 3.3V?

If I understand what you are asking correctly, the nose of the card looks
like: