Date:      Sun, 15 Dec 2002 01:02:51 -0800
From:      Mike Makonnen <mtm@identd.net>
To:        Galen Sampson <galen_sampson@yahoo.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: rcng script bugs

--hHWLQfXTYDoKhP50

[ cc'ed imp@ since the second one concerns changes he recently made ]

On Sat, Dec 14, 2002 at 02:24:12PM -0800, Galen Sampson wrote:
>=20
> 17c17
> < pidfile=3D"/var/run/${name}.pid"
> ---
> > pidfile=3D"/var/run/${name}/pid"
>=20
> in order to match the default named.conf file.

Yes, definitely a bug. I had changed my named.conf so I didn't notice
this. However, I think your solution is just as broken as the current
code. While it would work if the user doesn't change the default
pid path, it wouldn't work for people who do change it (like me).
I think the way to solve it is with a "named_pidfile" variable in
defaults/rc.conf that defaults to /var/run/named/pid. What are people's
thoughts on this?  Secondly, the change would have to go into the
'FreeBSD' case-clause in order not to mess up the NetBSD case.

>=20
> /etc/rc.d/network1:
>    When using a diskless configuration this file took the interface offli=
ne,
> preventing the machine from booting.  I noticed that a change has been ad=
ded to
> check if an interface is up and skip configuring it if it is.  Instead of=
 using
> grep it is possible to use ifconfig's -d option (see man page) to only li=
st
> interfaces marked as down.  This is my change for /etc/rc.d/network1
>=20
> 140c140
> <               network_interfaces=3D"`ifconfig -l -d`"
> ---
> >               network_interfaces=3D"`ifconfig -l`"
> 148a149,153
> >               if ifconfig ${ifn} | grep -s UP, > /dev/null 2>&1; then
> >                       # Interface is already up, so ignore it.
> >                       continue;
> >               fi

Warner,

He's working off the first set of changes you made but it seems
that in the diskless case you may have to reconfigure more
than just lo0.

Cheers.
--=20
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc