Date:      25 Oct 2002 12:14:13 -0700
From:      Ken McGlothlen <mcglk@artlogix.com>
To:        Paolo <bloom_64@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Returned message

Paolo <bloom_64@yahoo.com> writes:

| About changing ISP, it's very difficult in Italy because interbusiness is the
| Internet provider of Telecom Italia, that's the last mile actual monopolist
| and, to get ADSL connection, we all need to deal with it.
|
| Let's say you are excluding near 50% of italian on-line people. I don't know
| if it's fair.

Unfortunately, there seems to be little other recourse for getting
interbusiness to become a responsible participant in the Internet.  When enough
of its customers start getting upset because interbusiness finds itself on an
increasingly shrinking intranet, they might actually implement and enforce some
policies that would stop the onslaught of spam, and people would start taking
them out of their blocklists.

So let interbusiness know how you feel.  Make sure other interbusiness
customers let them know as well.  Pressure them on this.  Believe me, there's
nothing I'd like better than to remove their entry from my blocklists---I'd far
rather be dealing with a responsible ISP than have to block spam from them.

| As my 90% of spam is coming from the USA, I should block all the USA mail,
| don't I?

Wow.  Really?  90% of my spam comes from South Korea; they may be US crooks
sending the spam, but it's getting routed through insecure South Korean
servers.  Maybe that's the spammer credo:  only spam through other countries.