Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 1998 20:03:11 -1000 (HST)
From:      Brett Collars <brettc@guide.net>
To:        Chris Shenton <cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help - Archive Python/Buslogic > uk0 ?

On 16 Mar 1998, Chris Shenton wrote:

> Brett Collars <brettc@guide.net> writes:
>
> > I have an Archive Python autoloader that refuses
> > to be recognized as a tape by FreeBSD ..
>
> Build the kernel with the "ch" device; see the
> /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT  kernel template.

Thanks Chris ..

I tryed the ch device - no joy - but it did lead me to the fix which
was rather stupid on my part (uncommenting st and rebuild). Sorry, I
grew up SVR4 and work on Solaris all day (mind pollution ?) so I
didn't check his kernel or think to boot generic which would have
caught it I guess.

I am having probs with dump though - ex:

	dump 0fu /dev/rst0 /dev/rsd0s1f

I get prompted for the next volume (always). I am using "dump 0fua"
as a workaround but is there anyway to get it to properly recognize
the density (0x24) and blocksize in freeBSD so I can span several
tapes ?

Thanks again !

--brett--