Date:      Tue, 24 Nov 2009 09:46:27 +0100
From:      Michael Widerkrantz <mc@hack.org>
To:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anyone interested in helping fixing the 'tcc' compiler ?

Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@iet.unipi.it>, 2009-11-22 12:17 (+0100):

> I have recently started playing with the Tiny C Compuler (lang/tcc)
> which is amazingly useful for prototyping, but has problem generating
> non-static binaries in FreeBSD

You might want to look at PCC (lang/pcc) as well if you're only looking
for a fast C compiler, although I admit that I was blown away when I
read that TCC was used to boot a Linux kernel from source in 15 seconds
back in 2004.

I also think PCC is in more active development than TCC.

--
M.C. Widerkrantz, http://hack.org/mc/
Plain text e-mail, please. OpenPGP welcome.