Date:      Mon, 29 Jul 2002 08:37:00 +0200
From:      Martin Kahlert <martin.kahlert@infineon.com>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   idle time question

Hi!
I (try to) use usermode ppp.
Could anybody please tell me, how the idle times are handled?
For example there is a 'set timeout 60 180' in ppp.conf and
idletime-outgoing = 40
in isdnd.rc.
So if i do not do anything and sit 'idly' on my chair, what happens and
why does is happen?

Does pppd use channel bundling by default or do i have to switch it
on/off?

Thanks for any clarification in advance.

Regards
Martin.

--
The early bird catches the worm. If you want something else for
breakfast, get up later.