Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 1995 14:12:00 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        jmz@freefall.cdrom.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 Makefile

 * BTW: what about my suggestion to move @${MAKE} ${.MAKEFLAGS} fake-pkg
 * out of the do-install target? (If not I will have to make another pass
 * through the print directory, since I missed this feature...)

I'm not sure what to do about this, I sent out a question to "ports"
but got no response.  Maybe I'll ask again.  (See CC: )

What do people think about this?  I'm in favor of leaving it in
do-install, for the sake of orthogonality (all the "main" targets look
exactly the same now).  But I understand Jean-Marc's point that we
shouldn't let porters worry about internal details.

At any rate you don't have to make another pass yet, we'll have to
come up with a conclusion first.  If we decide to move it into
do-install, I'll have to make another pass into the Makefiles I
fixed. :)

 * Another (minor?) point: the package directory corresponding to
 * 'ports/print' is called 'package/printing'. This is not consistent.

It's not only print, many of the category names are longer versions of
directory names.  It's Jordan's doing, but I think it's okay. :)

Satoshi