Date:      Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:54:15 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@freebsd.org>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What do you think of the new 3COM cards with X-Jack ?

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 03:40:38PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20030914094841.GB11283@titan.klemm.apsfilter.org>
>             Andreas Klemm <andreas@freebsd.org> writes:
> : 2) My 16 Bit Xircom card doesn't run anymore under -current...
> :    Its a Xircom Realport Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56 aka REM-56G-100.
> :    Has perhaps the xe driver got the same performance enhancements that
> :    broke the xl driver ??
> :    What do you think do I need to do, to get it working again
> :    under -current ?
>
> Bummer.  xl has nothing at all to do with xe.  I've just upgraded the
> pccard bridge code to be more pedantically correct for attribute
> reading, which helps some xircom cards.  Scott Mitchel (?) has a pr
> with better patches for current that I need to integrate into the
> tree.

Then I got something wrong,  when Matthew talked about MMIO...

"These cards don't like MMIO, which was made the default a while back."

I assumed, this might have been enabled in the xe driver as well.
But my feeling tells me now, that MMIO perhaps has no relationship
to older 16-bit cards ...

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/