Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:08:03 -0700
From:      Mike Hogsett <hogsett@csl.sri.com>
To:        reuben manickam P J <reuben_mpj@yahoo.co.uk>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reg installing FreeBSD on my m/c

You need available, unallocated disk space on your hard disk ( to create
one or more partions for FreeBSD ) With a stock XP install this will
likely mean you will need to shrink the existing NTFS or FAT32 filesystem
to make room for FreeBSD partition(s).

After that is taken care of read The installation section (and more) of
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/index.html

 - Mike

P.S.  If you break something on windows XP or lose your data it isn't my
fault.  backup what you think is important on your XP partition before
doing this.