Date:      Fri, 05 Jan 2001 22:55:56 -0800
From:      "Bruce B. Lacey" <BBLacey@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Upgrading IPFILTER 3.4.8 (264) to 3.4.15 on FreeBSD 4.1.1

I have been using the stock version of IPFILTER (3.4.8) that is included
with FreeBSD 4.1.1 however I am unable to successfully redirect inbound
packets to my private network 192.168/16.  I have solicited help on the
IPFILTER list but none of the suggested remedies has worked.  Therefore, I
would like to upgrade IPFILTER to version 3.4.15 in an attempt to enable
inbound redirection.  I have downloaded the latest version of IPFILTER and
have reviewed the notes and makefiles but have a couple of questions.

1.  Is IPFILTER 3.4.15 compatible with FreeBSD 4.1.1?

2.  Given that I have already built the FreeBSD 4.1.1 kernel with IP_FILTER
and IP_FILTER_LOG options, what do I need to do to upgrade to IPFILTER
3.4.15?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Bruce