Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:00:18 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Dragos Ruiu <dr@kyx.net>
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: does the fetchmail ssl remote vuln apply to freebsd?

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 06:40:47PM -0700, Dragos Ruiu wrote:
> http://lwn.net/alerts/EnGarde/ESA-20010816-01.php3

I'm not certain; it's usually really hard to figure out details of
vulnerabilities from those Linnex advisories.  They usually don't
bother to mention what versions are affected: sometimes they don't
even mention what the problem is, although this one at least mentions
the nature of the bug, if not the effect.

There was something which sounds similar fixed in fetchmail 5.8.17,
for which we hope to have an advisory out before too long.  I'm a bit
snowed under at the moment.

Kris

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

--DocE+STaALJfprDB--