Date:      Sat, 7 Sep 2002 02:35:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      bsd@xtremedev.com
To:        Adam Weinberger <adam@vectors.cx>
Cc:        bsd@xtremedev.com, chk no <chuck@chkno.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How do I make my Soundblaster Live! work under FreeBSD?

> freebsd makes great servers. freebsd also makes great desktops. take a
> look sometime at the hundreds of audio, video, etc.  ports in the ports
> tree. there's support for video-capture/editing, surround sound, dsp,
> and some good music composition and sequencing packages. people have
> done some pretty impressive work making freebsd do all sorts of wacky
> things. all my desktops are fbsd machines.
>
> focusing on the system as a server is fine, but implying that somebody
> was misusing freebsd by wanting to have a sound card that worked was
> what got fingers pointed at you.
>
> -Adam

Implying? I only asked how well it was progressing with high fidelity
sound support. Is everyone so paranoid about trolls that they jump at
anything now? I want the SB Live! to work with FreeBSD as much as the
original poster, especially the digital part. But just because I don't
take daily counts of sound apps in ports (which have NOTHING to do with
knowing whether or not digital support exists with the SB Live!) doesn't
mean I assume everyone that uses FreeBSD other than as a server was
misusing it.