Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 01:01:54 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        rob <europax@home.com>
Cc:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make 'ls' in console color files like SuSE

Instead of downloading the ports.tar.gz version of the ports tree, you
should look at using cvsup.  You should reinstall the ports.tar.gz that
came with your version of FreeBSD, then use cvsup to update your ports
tree to the latest.  (You may need to install an update to the ports
building mechanism -- see http://www.freebsd.org/ports for details.)  This
will give you an up-to-the-minute ports tree, and most common ports should
work just fine.

And in case you're wondering, cvsup is available as a package.

--
Matthew Emmerton      || matt@gsicomp.on.ca
GSI Computer Services || P: +1 (800) 217-5409