Date:      Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:30:15 +0200
From:      piotr.smyrak@heron.pl
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   BSDify Gnome - a suggestion

Hi,

This is a thought that just happened to me during roaming and experiencing my
newly built 2.8.

Please have a look here:
http://eko.org.pl/~smyru/shots/mime-dialog-idea.png

This is a dialog that assign new application to a MIME type. It defaults to /usr/bin,
which I find a heavy linuxism, where the apps lay together with the base. I have no
idea how much work that would need - but since FreeBSD is more strict and
predictable when it comes to filesystem layout, I would like to suggest pointing it by
default to /usr/X11R6/bin.

This is the location where most of the X base apps exist, and I think it would be a
great benefit to system knowledge agnostic users, that have no knowledge besides
the graphical interface.

I suppose there are some more fields where this might be a good thing also, but it is
the one that happened to me.

--
 Piotr Smyrak
 piotr.smyrak@heron.pl