Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:33:09 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Rainer Alves" <rainer.alves@gmail.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org, Clint Olsen <clint@0lsen.net>
Subject:   Re: Gnome 2.16 upgrade failed (yeah, I read /usr/src/UPDATING)

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:05:02 -0500, Rainer Alves <rainer.alves@gmail.com=

  =

  =

 =

 =

 =

> and it failed to install multimedia/mplayer. I was able to fix this wi=
th  =

> a rm -f /usr/ports/distfiles/mplayer/* (which removes the skins  =

> distfiles).

Not our problem, talk with the right maintainer.

> * mozilla:
> It's broken due to some freetype internals, the error message is this:=

> nsType1.cpp:371: error: invalid conversion from `int (*)(FT_Vector*,  =

> void*)' to `int (*)(const FT_Vector*, void*)'
> nsType1.cpp:371: error: invalid conversion from `int (*)(FT_Vector*,  =

> void*)' to `int (*)(const FT_Vector*, void*)'
> nsType1.cpp:371: error: invalid conversion from `int (*)(FT_Vector*,  =

> FT_Vector*, void*)' to `int (*)(const FT_Vector*, const FT_Vector*,  =

> void*)'
> nsType1.cpp:371: error: invalid conversion from `int (*)(FT_Vector*,  =

> FT_Vector*, FT_Vector*, void*)' to `int (*)(const FT_Vector*, const  =

> FT_Vector*, const FT_Vector*, void*)'
> make[4]: *** [nsType1.o] Error 1
>
> The fix/patch is here:  =

> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-bugs/2006/06/05/0005.html

We already have patch in mozilla/files/patch-gfx_src_ps_nsType1.cpp. Do =
 =

you have it? The pointyhat can build it just fine.

http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/i386-5-exp-latest-logs/mozilla-1.=
7.13_1,2.log

  =

> upgrade:
> - graphics/cairo failed the first time during the configure phase  =

> (complaining it couldn't find a suitable "glitz" version), I had to  =

> check config.log and found out it was looking for glitz > 0.5, while t=
he  =

 =

> upgrade first (portupgrade -f graphics/glitz) and then I was able to  =

> upgrade graphics/cairo.

Should be fixed in the lastest change of UPDATING for do 'portupgrade -r=
f  =

pkg-config\*'.

> - For some unknown reason, all my fonts look like crap on  =

> firefox/thunderbird after the gnome upgrade. All TTF fonts are availab=
le  =

 =

> X11BASE->LOCALBASE conversion. I've also tried firefox 2.0rc2  =

> (www/firefox-devel), same crappy fonts. (all other gnome apps have  =

> absolutely no font problems).

Dunno, can't reproduce it. Someone will have to jump in and figure how t=
o  =

fix it.

 =

> files which were set to use X11BASE (yes, I did use the '-f' parameter=
).  =

> I ended up having to the update dozens of configuration files with sed=
.

Did you login in the correct user when you ran this script? If yes, then=
  =

which path was it? Current, it only will looking in the directories:

dir=3D".gconf .gconfd .gnome .gnome2 .gnome2_private .gstreamer-0.10 \
	 .gstreamer-0.8 .icons .metacity .mozilla .themes"

Then, it will sed at the each ${prefix}/foo/bar:

list=3D"lib/epiphany lib/firefox lib/gstreamer-0.8 lib/gstreamer-0.10 \
	  lib/mozilla lib/seamonkey lib/thunderbird share/gnome"

What do we need to add anything more in the list? We can't test every  =

single apps and know what they put anything in the ~/.*. Current, it wor=
ks  =

for me with ~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/background/%gconf.xml that has:

<stringvalue>/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/pixmaps</stringvalue>

After run the script and it looks like this:

<stringvalue>/usr/local/share/gnome/pixmaps</stringvalue>

As you see, 'share/gnome' is in the list and it works.

> - Every single icon in mail/evolution is unavailable (including toolba=
r  =

> icons, preference dialog icons and interface icons). No error is print=
ed  =

> during startup, it simply replaces all those icons with a red cross.

It sounds like you don't have /usr/local/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon  =

running?

Cheers,
Mezz

  =

> environment (instead of gnome-panel/metacity).
>
> --
> Rainer Alves

-- =

mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/  -  gnome@FreeBSD.org
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia@FreeBSD.org