Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 00:24:10 -0800
From:      Chip Wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
Cc:        wmoran@iowna.com, FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cant' get apsfilter to print color

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:07:46 -0500 (EST)
Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com> surely must have wrote something
like:
> Bill:
> Thanks for your reply:
> > _which_ driver is the "correct" one?
> > Any time I've had trouble printing in color it was because I was
using a
> > ghostscript driver that didn't support color. That's probably the
first
> > place to start checking. Make sure that the ghostscript driving
you're
> > using supports color, otherwise, it won't work.
> The "correct" driver *was* the one ('hpdj') that the installation
script
> listed for my HP DeskJet 670C. I since found that there is an even
better
> match in a ghostscript driver 'hpdj670c'. The 'C' in 670C is for
color.
> Unfortunately, it gives the same color as grayscale output as the
'hpdj'
> driver. Perhaps it was naive of me to assume that a driver with a name
> ending in 'c' would support color.
> Meanwhile I can take a closer look at the driver doucmentation.
> Thanks again.

I have an HP680C and used apsfilter to set it up with the cdj670 driver
that is included in the apsfilter setup drivers list. I then tested it
with the default page and that was fine. So I then created a full color
image in gimp and saved as .bmp, .jpg, .tif, and .png, and they all
printed in full color. I also printed a web page, in full color.
You might give the cdj670 driver a try. Oh, and I left it at the default
color depth, I tried the others but the test page was printing too
small, the default setting printed it full page size.

--
Chip Wiegand
Alternative Operating Systems