Date:      Fri, 1 Jun 2001 21:11:13 -0400
From:      "William Wong" <willwong@samurai.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   BBS / Message Board / Forum

Hi there,

I'm looking for forum software similar to the one that freebsddiary.org
uses.

The features I'm looking for are:
1. Threaded and Flat views (easily switchable like on freebsddiary)
2. Login/Regisration support

Phorum would be good except that it doesn't support logins/registered users.

I've also found W-Agora at http://www.w-agora.net/index.php.  It supports
logins, but nfotunately you can't easily switch from flat view to threaded
view.  (You can only create forums that use one or the other)

Some commercial software that I've found that does support what I want is
DCForum at http://www.dcscripts.com/ but I'm looking for an opensource
alternative.

If anyone can offer any help please let me know.

Thanks,
- Will