Date:      Tue, 06 Jul 1999 16:42:42 -0700
From:      Ken Key <key@Network-Alchemy.COM>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        key@Network-Alchemy.COM
Subject:   ThinkPad 600, v2.2.8, and suspend/hibernate/resume.

Hi Folks,

    I've inherited a TP600 (128Meg RAM) that I need to get FreeBSD v2.2.8
running on.  I've been using my TP560 (40Meg) with v2.2.5+most of v2.2.6
fixes for quite some time now.  The main problem I'm having with the TP600 is
getting suspend or hibernate working.  I've read through the archives (thanks
for the MAXMEM=(mem-1Meg) fix) and am not sure if anyone has this combination
(TP600, v2.2.8, suspend/hibernate) working.  If you do, can you send
me your kernel config file or tricks that you had to do?

If I pull my PCMCIA card, Hibernate will fire up the screen, save the
memory to the hibernate file, a shut down.  I can then fire up via the
power up button, it loads RAM again, it redraws the display, but will
not take input from keyboard or mouse.  Trying to suspend with "zzz"
gives a similar response - shuts down, appears to reload, but doesn't
run.  With the PCMCIA card in the slot, it won't even suspend (it tries,
bleats failure, and stays locked up like above).  This is the same
LinkSys EC2T that's been successful in my TP560 (which suspends and
hibernates just fine).

Any clues and suggestions other than going to 3.x (not an option, I have
to run am emulation package that's tied to v2.2.x) is appreciated.

Thanks,
K^2
--
Ken Key (key@network-alchemy.com)