Date:      Sat, 5 Nov 2005 23:54:43 +0300
From:      "Andrew P." <infofarmer@gmail.com>
To:        jason henson <jason@ec.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, rick <rkent@vermontel.net>
Subject:   Re: GAMING

On 11/5/05, jason henson <jason@ec.rr.com> wrote:
> rick wrote:
>
> >how is freebsd for gaming needs ive used linux and windows for years.???
>
> If you used linux, you should not have a problem.  Video card drivers
> would be your limiting point, I would suggest you use nvidia because of i=
t.

Well, to be fair, there are problems with linux games
on FreeBSD. But they are generally easily resolved.

*BSD is still a few years (months?) off from entering
the desktop (and gaming) market, but it will, and when
it does, all its strengths will shine. Commercially
speaking, if you want to see (preview) the future now,
learn FreeBSD, use it, love it.

Yesterday, I spent 4 hours playing UT2004. And it
seemed to run faster than on Windows. At least it
felt much cooler :-)