Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 02:32:19 -0600
From:      "Jason Halbert" <jason@jason-n3xt.org>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mergemaster

Hello:

I'm running 4.2-RELEASE and I've been thinking about updating my
sources.  I tried cvsup-ing and everything went fine until
mergemaster.  I tried it on a non-production machine and it didn't go
well.  I read the man page for mergemaster before starting.  When I
restarted it was as if all my config files had been reset to first
install condition.  Any help on this?  I'd like to be able to upgrade
my server in the future, but I'm really worried about FUBAR-ing it.

Thanks very much

| Jason P. Halbert                 | jason@jason-n3xt.org |
| Transmitter Maintenance Engineer | DALnet: Dielectric   |
| KDAF-TV/DT WB 33/32              | ICQ#: 86637300       |
| KC5WEG                           | (214) 252-3300       |
|     Experts know more and more about less and less.     |
|                  http://jason-n3xt.org                  |