Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 19:11:51 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@rucus.ru.ac.za>
To:        Aleksandar Obradovic <alex@montenegro.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Virtual Domains

On Mon 1998-08-10 (09:34), Aleksandar Obradovic wrote:
> Could someone list items I need to focus on in order to set up Virtual
> Domain names on my server. I am running FBSD-2.2.6 with Apache.
>
> I am interested in following:
> 1. Setting up virtual IP's and domain names on the same machine with one
> physical IP address.

This is an issue for Apache.  Read about Virtual Hosts in the Apache docs.

> 2. Setting up subdomains for each of the virtual domains I create.
> (subdomain.domain.com)

This is an issue for a DNS server, such as bind.  You'll need to do quite a
bit of reading in that area, or else find someone who knows about it, it's
much easier to learn it that way.

> 3. Setting up e-mail forwarding accounts so I have virtual e-mail account
> for every domain and subdomain.

You can use sendmail, exim, or qmail for this.  In my experience qmail was
easiest, but there are more people who use the other two.  Again, the
documentation should pull you through.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner