Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 1998 01:26:01 -0600
From:      Brian Hauber <bhauber@frenzy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   3.0 Install problems

I just attempted to install FreeBSD 3.0 on my machine tonight. I boot off
the boot floppy, and it appears that my secondary IDE bus (wcd1) is not
being found. It's looking at addresx 0x170, which is the same address that
FreeBSD 2.2.7 finds wcd1 at when I boot. As a test, I booted off of
boot floppies from FreeBSD 2.2.1-2.2.7, and none had any problems at
all. Is this a known problem with 3.0? Does anyone have any
suggestions?

TIA,
Brian

--
Brian Hauber  | http://www.pobox.com/~bhauber |  bhauber@pobox.com
PGP fingerprint = 0C 9B 2B 4F F8 68 12 81  DC 0A 13 43 FF 50 D0 1F