Date:      24 Mar 2001 10:14:01 +0100
From:      Eric Knauel <knauel@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gnomepilot reads id < 0

Hi,

I experienced a strange problem with the gnomepilot 0.1.52 port on my
FreeBSD 4.2 machine. I'm wondering if someone can help me with that.

make install works fine, the installation process (this "Wizard" like
configuration dialog) fetches an ID from my Palm device which look
reasonable. gpilotd starts working when I press the HotSync-button,
but it reads a wrong userID from the Palm, actually it's the ID *
(-1).

Strange, because this first time setup program read the same number
with a positive sign. What can I do to solve this?

gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.52 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.9.4
gpilotd-Message: Watching Cradle (/dev/pilot)

gpilotd-Message: Woke on Cradle
gpilotd-Message: setting PILOTRATE=57600
gpilotd-Message: Cradle Cradle has 0 events

gpilotd-WARNING **: Unknown pilot, no userID/username match -1231000688

Ciao,
    Eric
--
"Excuse me --- Di Du Du Duuuuh Di Dii --- Huh Weeeheeee" (Albert King)