Date:      Thu, 3 Jan 2002 22:05:37 +0100
From:      Gunnar Flygt <flygt@sr.se>
To:        aaron <aaron@lo-res.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Stable and ftp behind firewall

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 05:42:59PM +0100, aaron wrote:
> On Thursday 03 January 2002 14:13, you wrote:
>

> > Has anything changed in some rc.* file that deals with the FTP_PROXY
> > setting for firewalls? I don't have neither ipf nor ipfw running on any
> > of these machines.
> do you have natd?

No!

> sounds like to ftp passive problem (i.e. enable passive mode)

You didn't read. The machines are on the same network behind the same
firewall. And there's no problem with passive mode. We run lots of apps
every day not using passive mode and others using passive mode. No
difference.

The only difference is that the machines with newer source cannot use
fetch for ftp-fetch!

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_