Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 1997 10:48:46 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@cold.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   su to root changes directory??

Help..  Has anything changed in the behaviour of 'su' between 2.1.x and
2.2??  I just changed a system (through a clean install) from 2.1.0 to
2.2.  Previously when I would su it would leave me in the same directory..
But now it keeps moving me to root's home directory.  I have searched
everywhere for something that may be doing this--I have removed every
single rc and login file I can find (well, I moved them to a /tmp/x
directory so they wouldn't be loaded--the files include every .x file in
/root and /etc/csh*) and it STILL changes to /root.  I'm running csh as
root's shell, altho I even tried switching to /bin/sh and
/usr/local/bin/tcsh

Any ideas WHY its doing this, and how I can STOP IT?

-Brandon