Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 19:47:28 -0400
From:      "Ryan Masse" <mail@max-info.net>
To:        "Lawrence Sica" <larry@interactivate.com>
Cc:        <ohshutup@zdnetonebox.com>, "FreeBSD-Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: disable traceroute to my host

man ipfw and read up on icmptypes. you may wanna do something like the
following;

ipfw add allow icmp from any to any out via $interface
ipfw add allow icmp from any to any in via $interface icmptype 0
ipfw add deny icmp from any to any in via $interface

this will breack various aspects of the icmp protocol but it will all for
all echo responses generated from the inside to be received back through the
firewall. Again this may or may not work in your attempts to deny a
traceroute.

Ryan