Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 23:15:35 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Chris England <cengland@obscurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: From BugTraq - FreeBSD 3.3 xsoldier root exploit (fwd)

In message <Pine.BSO.4.10.9912152030130.29021-100000@obscurity.org> Chris England writes:
: I personally have not tested this. I'm not too big on games, but I would
: recommend anyone who has this game installed suid-root to test the snippet
: code against it and post the results to this list.

The bugtraq guys forwarded the report to SO before they sent it to
bugtraq.  We had it fixed within a couple of hours (and it would have
been faster if we weren't in ports freeze).

The xsoldier package is bumped from 3.4R, but the patch for the port
will be on the cd, and has been in the repo for a coule of hours now
:-)

Warner