Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:50:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Source code dealing with raw I/O

I am interested to know where in source code the raw I/O is handled.  I
guess that when you write something like open("/dev/r<foo>",flag) instead
of open("/dev/<foo>",flag), raw I/O happens. Can anyone tell me which
soure code files or routines handle RAW I/O?  How to get the dev argument
to a device read() routine like wdopen() in wd.c?

Any help is appreciated.