Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:14:23 -0400
From:      "Brian J. McGovern" <mcgovern@spoon.beta.com>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        jkh@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-qa@FreeBSD.ORG, asami@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.1 Release testing...

 > On 12-Jul-00 Brian J. McGovern wrote:
 > > Sorry I've been so quiet. It appears that mail to me from freefall has been
 > > hanging up until this morning. At least now I'm caught up (just in time to
 > > change ISPs... ;) )
 > >
 > > Anyhow, if everyone is serious about a code freeze on 7/20 for release on
 > > 7/25, how about this for a timetable....
 > >
 > > ISO images to be cut on 7/14, 7/17, 7/20 (at 'code freeze'), and 7/22.
 >
 > So, we don't _have_ to have packages on the 14th and 17th, it would just
 > be nice?  Satoshi, do you have any recent package builds we could use to
 > build a full CD #1 sitting on the build cluster?

Given that most of the bugs occur in the OS, and the package related bugs
tend to be a dependency missing, I think it would be wise  get our hands on
the OS ASAP. Given that the test cycle is so short, I'd rather the bandwidth
early on go to downloading a small ISO image and test, rather than downloading
a larger ISO image w/packages (which are usually at least the size of the OS,
if not larger), and getting less test time.

Given that most of the 'bugs' with packages usually revolve around
dependencies missing, or problems with the unpackaging, I think we can put them
off a few days, and get a number of OS bugs shaken out first.
	-Brian