Date:      Mon, 17 Jun 2002 00:56:15 +0200
From:      Alex <freebsd-reply@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        "Robert A. Decker" <decker@robdecker.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java status?

Dear Robert,

Monday, June 17, 2002, 12:39:58 AM, you wrote:

RAD> I'm sorry for asking such a simple question, but I've searched through the
RAD> freebsd.org website and can't find a simple answer to this simple
RAD> question.

RAD> What is the status of java on freebsd? I'm running 4.3-Stable, but am
RAD> thinking of upgrading to 4.6 in order to run some web apps on the server.

RAD> Is it part of the distribution? Last time I looked, you had to download a
RAD> build from somewhere, then apply some patches, etc. It all looked a bit
RAD> sketchy...

RAD> Is it part of the ports? Will it be?

RAD> thanks,
RAD> rob

Java is part of the ports. It has it own directory with a number of
ports. 1.3 is included as are the older version. There is even a
special java mailing list.

--
Best regards,
Alex

The FreeBSD handbook
www.freebsd.org/handbook

How to get best results from the FreeBSD- questions mailing list
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/freebsd-questions/index.html

Alternative:
http://www.lemis.com/questions.html