Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 2006 11:13:52 -0300
From:      Alejandro Pulver <alepulver@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Program receiving SIGSEGV after exit()

--Sig_HKbJwXO4X=D5ok=P5mvK8Mz

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 14:15:57 +0200
Kostik Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 03:10:35AM -0300, Alejandro Pulver wrote:
> > Hello.
> >=20
> > The port "games/qudos" keeps running in a loop after exiting from the
> > main menu. This is because after calling exit() the program receives a
> > SIGSEGV signal, and the signal handler, after intercepting it, calls
> > exit() again.
> >=20
> > I think it is a problem with the application itself, but I don't know
> > what to look for in the source code.
> >=20
> > I have attached a 'gdb' backtrace.
> >=20
> > Could someone please point me in the right direction?
> >=20
> > Thanks and Best Regards,
> > Ale
> Use _exit() instead of exit() in the handler. Aside question is whether
> this handler is needed at all.
>=20
>=20

Hello.

Thank you for your reply.

I searched in the SVN repository and found it originally was _exit(),
but changed to exit() just before the release, and after that it was
backed out.

Yes, I guess the handler is not very useful (also it doesn't produce a
core file like the default one).

Best Regards,
Ale