Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 21:21:54 +1100
From:      Mark Sergeant <msergeant@looksmart.net>
To:        'Chris Hill ' <chris@monochrome.org>, 'Odhiambo Washington ' <wash@iconnect.co.ke>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG '" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Mark Sergeant <msergeant@looksmart.net>
Subject:   RE: How to find out audio chipset in a laptop ?

I did the manufacturers site, called them and no one could tell me
anything more than it is a AC97 compatible chip. It turns out it is
a intel 810 on board audio chip. I found this out by posting the
relative part of my dmesg output to the freebsd-hackers & questions
groups, I got a reply back stating what it was and that the driver
code had been sent in to the relevant person to be committed.

In the meantime I downloaded a demo driver from...

http://www.opensound.com which does work but only for 3 hours @ a
time and it has issues of irq sharing which I am unable to disable
in the bios.

Thanks for the help guys.

Cheers,

Mark