Date:      Sat, 11 Nov 2000 09:04:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ross Lippert <ripper@eskimo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   printer color

I have an HP810C printer which I am using the gs 550C driver for.  For
the most part everythign works great as long as the colors are bold
(red is red, blue is blue etc).  When I try to print from a scanned
photo of a real scene (multiple shades of colors) things come out sort
of reddish, as if the "tint" knob on the printer were turned all the
way over (for those who still have tint knob on their TVs).

Has anyone run into this?  Is there a fix?  I tried searching the
archive for "HP color tint" but those didn't seem to be good keywords.

-r