Date:      Wed, 7 Aug 1996 13:15:25 -0700
From:      "M.R.Murphy" <mrm@Mole.ORG>
To:        mrm@mole.mole.org, tom@sdf.com
Cc:        hackers@freefall.freebsd.org, julian@freefall.freebsd.org, julian@whistle.com
Subject:   Re: I have 2 patches

> On Tue, 6 Aug 1996, M.R.Murphy wrote:
>
> > I'll also add that initially it looks like all of the functionality can
> > be achieved with TIS FWTK without changing inetd or ftpd. And more :-)
>
>   FWTK can not be used on "revenue generating" systems without a
> commercial licence.  "revenue generating" is very broad, and covers most
> installations.
>
>   Julian's changes (as well as xinetd of course!) would not be so
> restricted.

Agreed. Julian's changes also look quite reasonable (with the normal
warning that naming the pid file "/etc/passwd" might pose a small problem.)
I haven't checked for pathological problems with the IP address conversion
routines, but since the IP address is under sysadm control, that shouldn't
be a problem.

I have no objections to including the changes.

--
Mike Murphy  mrm@Mole.ORG  +1 619 598 5874
Better is the enemy of Good