Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 09:55:02 -0500
From:      "Vaughan Moore" <vaughan.moore@verizon.net>
To:        <FREEBSD-QUESTIONS@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FTP installation through a NAT on a DSL connection

I'm installing 4.7 at home.  The Intel box is behind a NAT running on a
Win98 box with ZoneAlarm running.  The point of installing 4.7 is so that I
can replace the 98 box as my gateway to my Verizon DSL connection.

My installation fails when the program tries to access one of the ftp
servers.  When the time-out occurs I get an installation media error
message.

I know that my subnet on the NAT works because when I plug a 2000 machine
into the gateway I can access the Internet.  However, I had to lower the Max
MTU settings in the registry to do it.  I understand that PPPoE requires a
lower MTU setting, but I'm not sure how to set MTU in the installation
program.

Can anyone help me with the problem?

Vaughan Moore