Date:      Sat, 10 Nov 2007 22:25:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Red Neck <kcender07@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        Mike Pritchard <mpp@mail.mppsystems.com>, John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Mike Pritchard <mpp@mppsystems.com>
Subject:   Re: Loader broken in Head?

Sorry for the late reply.=0A=0A=0AI updated to the latest sources and the l=
oader boots again correctly.  I'm quite puzzled as to what commit corrected=
 this tho, between my original problematic build of 25th Oct ~ 2200 GMT and=
 to my build now - 10th Nov.=0A=0A=0AMany thanks to John and others for the=
 work to correct this problem.=0A=0A----- Original Message ----=0AFrom: Mik=
e Pritchard <mpp@mail.mppsystems.com>=0ATo: John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>=
=0ACc: freebsd-current@freebsd.org; Red Neck <kcender07@yahoo.co.uk>; Mike =
Pritchard <mpp@mppsystems.com>=0ASent: Friday, 2 November, 2007 4:13:38 AM=
=0ASubject: Re: Loader broken in Head?=0A=0AOn Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 09:36:3=
4PM -0500, Mike Pritchard wrote:=0A> =0A> I'd be glad to try, if you could =
tell me how to build the loader...=0A> or if I'm building it correctly, if =
someone could fix this compile=0A> error I see (see below).  And the couple=
 of warnings I see compiling=0A make=0A> me nervous too.  I don't want to m=
ess around too much until I'm sure =0A> I'm building it correctly, because =
I'd like to leave this machine=0A bootable :)=0A> =0A> Other than that, if =
a fresh -current loader still doesn't fix my=0A> problem, I'm more than wil=
ling to start backing out recent commits=0A> to find which commit might be =
the problem.=0A> =0A> With 8.0-current sources as of a couple of hours ago,=
 I=0A> get the same compile error trying any of these:=0A=0ANevermind about=
 the compiling part.  Pilot error.  Stale includes=0Aare to blame.  a make =
world fixed all that.=0A=0AAnd a -current loader as of today works just fin=
e.  I'd suggest that=0Ato Red Neck also to see if it clears up his problem.=
=0A=0ANow where did I put that pointy hat...=0A-- =0AMike Pritchard=0Ampp @=
 FreeBSD.org=0A"If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in =
the guise=0Aof fighting a foreign enemy."  - James Madison (1787)=0A_______=