Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2007 06:34:52 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   HAL on FreeBSD 5.5 redux

--nextPart1465408.CPW0nNF1jM

While regression testing a few new patches for KDE's media kioslave, I foun=
d=20
out that the FreeBSD 5.5 fix for cdroms as committed to ports doesn't=20
actually work - because of this code:

/* Better to assert here than panic the machine. */
/* XXX Should this be a conditional?  How likely is this? */
assert(cdrom->channel >=3D 0);
assert(cdrom->device >=3D 0 && cdrom->device < 2);

I don't know what this is supposed to do (avoid using both atapicam & atapi=
cd=20
devices?), but it does prevent detection of any cdrom volumes here when=20
atapicam is disabled. I have two cd/dvd writers (acd0 and acd1) in this=20
machine.=20

I didn't notice this earlier because I skipped hal-0.5.8-20061224, but I di=
d=20
unless those lines are removed.

Cheers,
=2D-=20