Date:      Mon, 31 Aug 1998 09:29:20 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BT848 & AccelX

Roger Hardiman wrote in message ID
<35E57278.167E@cs.strath.ac.uk>:
> I use FXTV on Xaccel without problems too.

I had to turn off `unpacked' 24 bit display and use a packed 24 bit display
instead. I guess I was in 32 bit mode before (I can't remember why ... I think
some software doesn't like packed 16m colour displays, but for the life of me
I can't remember what)

> BTW, builing fxtv with "Make HAVE_XFREE=NO" will compile out
> all the DGA code, so you do not need to borrow the DGA include files
> from XFree for an AccelX setup.

I just always install XFree before Xaccel :)

Gary