Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:24:15 -0800
From:      Three Letter Acronym <tla@spiderchain.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: log= file in /var/run

Hmmmm.....lsof doesn't show it.  My first reaction, of course,
was to run lsof to see what process had it open.  The only
that syslog has open that looks like it could be this thing is:

(lsof output)
COMMAND     PID    USER   FD   TYPE     DEVICE   SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
syslogd     117    root    3u  unix 0xcbd7af00   0t0      ->(none)

lsof doesn't seem to know what this is.....if it's syslog, that
would make me happier than several other things I could think of.

I thought lsof did a reasonable job of finding names for things...
hmmm....well, actually it looks like lsof doesn't come up with
much for unix sockets.  Lots of hex cruft, but not a lot else.

thanks,

		--tla