Date:      Sun, 28 Mar 1999 22:00:54 -0800
From:      Gregory Sutter <gsutter@pobox.com>
To:        Nathan Dorfman <nathan@rtfm.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tattoos?

On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 07:16:02PM -0500, Nathan Dorfman wrote:
> http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~vsop/tattoos.html
>
> Anyone up for a BSD daemon tattoo? Shucks, I'm <18, someone else
> will have to do it. :-)

Based on my personal survey, I imagine there are many more people out
there with Beastie tattoos than with penguins.  I know, in completely
separate contexts, three people with Beastie tats.  One has Lasseter's
beastie (from the cover of the "Design and Implementation" books), one
Tatsumi's walking beastie, and one an original(?) 4BSD beastie (the one
that was originally drawn with his fork poking a Unix balloon).  I know
nobody with a Linux tattoo.  Now _that_ would be an interesting
statistic: the date when Linux gains enough "cool" momentum to make the
number of Tux tats greater than the number of beastie tats... too bad
data for that are so hard to come by.

Greg
--
Gregory S. Sutter                  Failing sardine factory cans employees!
mailto:gsutter@pobox.com